Tuesday 12th September 2017 – Six Bells, St Albans – 8pm.
The September branch meeting will take place at the Six Bells, St Albans from 8pm on Tuesday 12th September 2017.
Located in the St Michael’s area of the city close to Verulamium Museum. The Grade II listed 16th Century timber-framed building is full of interesting interesting features and offers 5 of more real ales including beers from Hertfordshire breweries. Good home-cooked food is available during the evening.
David Thorold is a curator based at Verulamium Museum with an interest in the city’s pub history. He is contributing an article to this year’s St Albans Beer & Cider Festival programme and will talk about the city’s rich pub history and the role they have played during the centuries.
The Six Bells is served in the evening by the 301 bus (around the corner at the St Michael’s Street stop) which connects, approximately hourly, to the city centre and St Albans City Station for Thameslink services.
- Apologies for Absence
- Minutes of the last branch meeting
- Business, Campaigning and Key Activities
- Activation of Membership – Questionnaire, Response and Indicators
- Young Members
- Campaigning and Social Events
- Finance – National and Branch Activities
- Good Beer Guide 2019 – Pub Nominations
- Most Improved Pub Award – Nomination Decision
- CAMRA Revitalisation – Update
- Pub Preservation – Adjudication, Business Rates (MP Responses), Excise, Planning
- WhatPub Surveys – Surveys Required
- Pints of View
- New Website – Development
- St Albans Beer & Cider Festival 2017
- Beer Break
- Speaker – David Thorold from St Albans Museum – “St Albans: A Pub History”
- Pub and Brewery News in South Herts
- Looking ahead to 2018
- Questions and Answers
- Any Other Business