Tuesday 14th March 2017 – Horse & Groom, Hatfield.
The March branch meeting will take place at the Horse & Groom, Hatfield from 8pm on Tuesday 14th March 2017.
In the heart of Old Hatfield, this supposedly haunted, sixteenth century, grade II-listed former timber framed and later brick clad building is also thought to house a priest hole. The pub serves up to six real ales, including Oakham JHB as a new regular beer. The pub also hosts three beer festivals per year. Tuesday is bangers and mash night, so if you buy a pint at the meeting you’ll be entitled to a free plate! On Saturday they have a similar arrangement, but instead of bangers and mash it’s is chilli and rice!
Hatfield railway and bus stations are a few minutes walk away via Blood & Guts alley – click here for directions.
If you’re coming by bus the 300, 301 and 724 all go to the station stops.
This will be the first branch meeting to undergo a new format. We will keep the business issues to a minimum, only discussing those requiring branch contribution/support. We will then have more time for campaigning discussions and other matters of interest.
This month we have invited Ben Gill, licensee of the Horse & Groom, to join us as a guest speaker and to host a Q&A session. It will be very interesting hearing his perspective on running a pub in these times and will provide us with an excellent opportunity to ask questions relevant to our current campaigns.
- Apologies for Absence
- Minutes of the last branch meeting
- New Committee
- Forward Plan and Key Activities for 2017
- Activation of Membership – Questionnaire
- Pub and Cider Pubs of the Year
- Club of the Year
- Campaigning and Social Events
- Pub Preservation – Rates, Excise, Planning
- Adopt a Pub
- Pub Surveys
- New Website
- St Albans Beer and Cider Festival 2017
- National AGM – Branch Motions
- Beer Break
- Speaker – Ben Gill, Landlord of the Horse and Groom on his time at the pub
- Pub and Brewery News in South Herts
- Questions and Answers
- Any Other Business