Tuesday 18th July 2017 – Horse & Groom, Hatfield – 8pm.
The July branch meeting will take place at the Horse & Groom, Hatfield from 8pm on Tuesday 18th July 2017.
In the heart of Old Hatfield, this 16th century, Grade II-listed former timber framed and later brick clad building is also thought to house a priest hole. The pub serves up to six real ales, including Oakham JHB as a new regular beer. The pub also hosts three beer festivals per year. Tuesday is bangers and mash night, so if you buy a pint at the meeting you’ll be entitled to a free plate! On Saturday it’s a similar arrangement, but instead of bangers and mash it’s is chilli and rice!
Ellie Hudspith is not only a CAMRA employee at HQ in St.Albans but since October 2016 also a Liberal Councillor at St.Albans City Council. Ellie will be talking about being a Councillor, what the Liberals have achieved for pubs in the past and what they hope to achieve in the coming months and years. She will touch on the current position on Business Rates, Licensing and local Planning matters. As always there will be a Question and Answer session afterwards.
Hatfield railway and bus stations are a few minutes’ walk away via Blood & Guts alley – click here for directions. Buses 300, 301 and 724 all go to the bus station stops.
- Apologies for Absence
- Minutes of the last branch meeting
- Business, Campaigning and Key Activities
- Activation of Membership – Questionnaire/Letter to New Members
- Young Members
- Campaigning and Social Events
- Branch Procedures Review – Pub of the Year Procedure
- Good Beer Guide 2019
- CAMRA Revitalisation
- Pub Codes Adjudicator
- Pub Preservation – Rates, Excise, Planning
- Adopt a Pub
- Pub Surveys
- Pints of View
- New Website – Development
- St Albans Beer & Cider Festival 2017
- Beer Break
- Speaker – Ellie Hudspith “The Liberals, Pubs and Beer in St Albans”
- Pub and Brewery News in South Herts
- Questions and Answers
- Any Other Business