Following on from the very successful Tring Brewery trip, we have hired the same luxury 49-seater coach for our outing to Epping Ongar Beer festival. Check their official website for full details http://eorailway.co.uk/events/real-ale.
This year around 70 ales and 20 ciders are expected. There is a large marquee beer, old carriages to sit and drink in, a tea-room, hot food and snack stalls, a railway gift and second-hand book shop, and optional short trips on the steam and diesel trains (with bars!) as well as the old Routemaster buses to go on.
Coach schedule and pick-up times:
These are LEAVING TIMES – Please arrive 5 mins before!
- 11.00am PICK-UP – St Albans City Railway Station, Station Way AL15HE
- 11.20am PICK-UP – Hatfield Railway Station, 79 Great North Road AL9 5AB
- 11.40am PICK-UP – Hertford East Railway Station, Mill Road SG14 1NB
- 11.50am PICK-UP – Bus Stop C Opposite Hertford Regional College, Hertford Rd (A119) SG12 9AF
- 12.10am DESTINATION – North Weald Station, Station Road, North Weald Bassett, Epping CM16 6BW
- 16.30pm – Start return journey setting down in Ware, Hertford, Hatfield, and St Albans.
This is already proving to be a popular trip, so please email as soon as possible to reserve your place on the coach and which of the 4 locations you wish to be picked up from. You may bring one non-member guest to join us if they haven’t already been on one of our trips.
The cost will be £15 for the return journey. Steam/Diesel train and bus journeys at the location are an optional additional cost. Tutored beer tastings on board the trains may also be available.
South Herts Social Secretary
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07402 323525
P.S. Diary Date: The next trip will be to Peterborough Beer & Cider Festival on Thursday 24th August (400 Ales, Ciders, Perries, etc) with a visit on the way back to Letchworth Garden City Brewery and microbar on the return journey. Details to follow in due course.