Tuesday 12th December 2017 – Radlett Men’s Club – 8pm.
December’s Branch Meeting is to be held at Radlett Men’s Club, 413 Watling Street, Radlett from 8pm on Tuesday 12th December 2017.
Located in the heart of the town, the club was founded in 1884 and moved to its current home (at the Radlett Village Institute building) in 1929.
The club is open to card-carrying CAMRA members and serves two changing real ales. There are snooker and pool tables and there is a pleasant garden to the rear.
Don’t be put off by the Club’s name – women are as welcome as men!
Mark Hathaway is the current Club Chairman. He will tell us a little about the Club’s history, how it operates today and all about running a community club.
Radlett is served in the evening by the 602 bus route, connecting to the nearby towns of Watford, Shenley, St.Albans and Hatfield. Radlett Railway Station welcomes trains north from Elstree & Borehamwood and St.Pancras Station in London and south from Harpenden and St.Albans. The club is a short walk south of both bus stop and railway station.
- Apologies for Absence
- Minutes of the last branch meeting
- Business, Campaigning and Key Activities
- Activation of Membership – Progress and Actions
- Young Members – Participation and Future Events
- Branch AGM – January 2018 – Election of Committee Members
- Regional Meeting – South Herts hosting
- Campaigning and Social Events
- Good Beer Guide 2019 – Pub Selection Meetings.
- Pub of the Year 2018 – Pub Surveying & Judging Teams
- Cider & Perry Pub of the Year 2018 – Pub Nominations
- Club of the Year – Nominations
- Most Improved Pub Award – New Nomination
- Pub Preservation – Pub Code Adjudication, Business Rates, Excise, Planning
- WhatPub Surveys – Surveys Required in 2018
- Pints of View
- Website Development
- St Albans Beer & Cider Festival 2017 – 2017 Outcomes; 2018 Planning
- National AGM – Revitalisation – Keykeg – Branch Motions
- Beer Break
- Speaker – Mark Hathaway, Chairman of Radlett Men’s Club “Running a Successful Club”
- Pub and Brewery News in South Herts
- Looking ahead to 2018
- Questions and Answers
- Any Other Business