The next meeting of the branch will be held on Tuesday 19th October at The Black Horse, West St, Hertford at 8pm.
The agenda for this meeting will be short as we will devote most of the first hour to examining how we go forward as a branch following 18 months of Covid lockdown to continue to campaign effectively for real ale (and cider) and local pubs.
We face many challenges –
- we have four unfilled vacancies on our current branch committee,
- our committee is all male and white and few of us will ever see 50 again
- there seems to be few people ready to step up to take on a committee post or shadow a current post holder with a view to later taking on that role.
- lack of new members attending branch meetings
- local pubs and the availability of real ale are still under threat of closure as they open up again after Covid. But with debts incurred over the last 18 months.
If you are unable to get to our Branch meeting, but have ideas as to how the Branch can move forward and continue to be an effective campaigning force for real ale and cider in South Herts please let me by emailing email@example.com.
After that discussion at 9pm we are pleased to have as our Guest Speaker Darren Shanley the licensee of the Black Horse who will take us through his journey of buying the Black Horse as a Free House and the years since.